Saturday, February 6, 2016

A Cool Customer Service Experience

Here was a letter I received in the mail this week.  I thought it was unique and well-done.  This guy helped build Restoration Hardware and Sundance to be retail players, so he has operated larger e-commerce and brick and mortar companies in his past.  But, check out how he makes his latest endeavor seem smaller and more intimate:

Dear Steve,

I started my company a few years ago because I wanted to provide customers with beautifully designed product that could be relied on for years to come.  Additionally I wanted our service to reflect my values of  respecting people's time and giving them an experience equal to the quality of our goods.

We've assembled a small team in a pretty cool spot at the old Mill Valley Lumber Yard, all working away towards making our company special.  And, if the sales were our sole measure of achieving our goals, this holiday would have been rated a resounding success.

But we had some pesky and annoying service issues, technology run amok, and I'm sure we let some folks down.  I hate that.

If we delivered you anything less than a great experience then please accept my sincerest apologies. My grandfather always cautioned me to not muck up a heartfelt apology with an excuse.  So, I won't.

But my apology does include the enclosed Mea Culpa $50 off card valid for you next order of any size.

We hope to see you soon,
Stephen Gordon  




Truckload is a smaller part of J.B. Hunt.  We represent 5% of the total revenue of our company.  We can also be an intimate experience for our Professional Drivers and our Clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment