Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Weigh My Truck Feedback



We asked Eric,one of our Professional Drivers, the following questions about "Weigh My Truck":

What is your average time to scale a load?  How much time do you think this will save you in a week?  Will this give you more miles per week?

Here was his response:

It depends on where I’m at scaling the load. Sometimes it can be 10 minutes, sometimes longer. An example: Scaled at Flying J in KC the other day. Always busy there, sometimes have been there almost an hour, because you scale, which takes maybe a couple minutes. 

Then you find a place to park, which there never is when you need it. Then you get stuck in the fuel lane and go in and wait in a long line with ONE cashier. Then if you have to reweigh…the cycle starts over. 

When I scaled there this week, I was there a total of 10 minutes: 4 to scale, 6 to wait for driver blocking me to park so I could get out of there.  

I also think it will save time when I do have to reweigh. I get the weights while I’m still on the scale, so as soon as I pull off, I can slide my tandems or 5th wheel and reweigh. 

No more lines in the truck stop to deal with. That could, depending on how many heavy loads I get, recover 2-3 hours a week. That doesn’t sound like a lot, but I can be driving instead of waiting. So, I think I could get at least a few more miles a day. 

Hope that helps.

1 comment:

  1. Silk Road Research is an independent market research firm focused on providing on-the-ground business intelligence in Emerging Asia.

    ReplyDelete