Thursday, July 16, 2015

Think Big......and Carry A Big Stick

Some folks talk a big game.  Others deliver the goods.  Check out a note we saw from Operations Manager Mike Agnew at 11:15 PM tonight.  I love the energy and the creative thinking to help fill our trucks and build relationships.  Oh yeah, he is thinking about service too-read the bottom concerning Boston Beer loads!  Mike doesn't like the limelight.  He is not a "look at me type of guy."  But we all could benefit from this enthusiasm.  Read below:

Tomorrow I say we bring in breakfast and go on a pipeline welcoming blitz. I will show you all where I am getting the information I used last week to try and get the SEA show rate up this week (if you don't know already). We can split up the workload evenly. We can identify two FM's from each region that can multitask. We will then delegate the drivers that everyone will contact. When I suggest "everyone" I think we as leaders have just as many to contact as the FM's do if not more. We need to coach FM's on what to say. I made it clear to the drivers last week that I was an operator and not a recruiter. I answered questions, concerns, dispelled rumors, or cleared up what I thought to be inaccurate information given to them by CDP, but I didn't make it sound grim as if we couldn't get the results they needed. I made sure to tell them what to expect for real and closed by giving them my contact info so they could get in touch with me if things weren't going as "I" said they should expect.

We also did the same exercise on our unassigned drivers (including Leave Of Absence drivers). We cleared two drivers that were on LOA this week just by calling. We have another that is headed to the doctor tomorrow to get cleared. In addition we got 4 drivers back to work that were unassigned and MIA.

As a result of all of the above we went from 26 open trucks to 8 open trucks in about 10 days. Our utilization has improved by 7 miles this week. We aren't even close to being where I would like us to be, but I am not satisfied until it is.

 
And just so you know.....We show to be good on the delivery of the 4 loads shown below as of now.
 


 
EX26522
EX26402
EX26866
EX26345

1 comment:

  1. Could it be a coincidence that the Southeast show rate was 84% this week, whereas the overall East Network's show rate was 68%? 16 out of 19 drivers showed this week for the Southeast and looks like we will get 14 cleared! Great job Mike!

    ReplyDelete