Monday, May 5, 2014

Tom Beckett Retirement

 
Paul shared a touching note with me last week previous to his retirement.  We wish Tom the very best in his much deserved retirement. 
 

Yes, it's true, I'm retiring effective May 2. I turn 55 on May 3; my wife will be 65 in July. She's been retired from Broome County NY since just before we moved here. She stays busy with a number of things, but would like to have more time for us together. I am in a position where I can walk away and live reasonably well for the forseeable future-even the unforseeable future.
 
So we decided we want to take advantage of that opportunity while we're still young enough and have the energy and stamina to do the walking, climbing, driving, etc that our adventures will find for us. So it's not just leaving here, it's riding off into the sunset in a small RV to whatever is out there for us to find. We're looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment