Friday, April 15, 2016

Go West!

A team of operators and risk managers visited our Professional Drivers out on the west coast to accomplish training, team building, and visit customers.  Check out this note from one of the members of our western network to Deb Beecher, our area risk manager:

Ms. Deb Beecher:

Well, when you return to work I hope you will receive this email.

Surely I hope you returned home to your family and your job safe and sound and I do hope the flight was smooth for you on your return to Arkansas.

Well, I must admit our visit together was very informative and you showed me a lot about what the Bendix System can do and I was very glad you gave me some pointers on how to correct some situations that I will definietly work on.

On my way down to deliver the Robert Mondavi wine load I was on CA 99 South and all the way down to when I shut down last night I really stood at 55 MPH and the traffic was not too bad, until I hit Modesto, CA. it was backed up because of an accident but after that it was wide open again and I kept the speed at 55 MPH and it was a very uneventful ride and everything went smooth.  I really saw what 55 MPH can do for you and there was nobody in front of me and I had a really long distance and more than 4 football fields to the traffic in front of me and I realized that keeping your speed at 55 MPH is the best in a situation like that and for the next 30 days I am going to practice good speed and good distance and keep my speed at 55 MPH and I will revisit the log with you next month.  I want to see what it can do for my OBC logs on the headways and the collision mitigation and then you can tell me whether that is the way to keep me out of arms way.

The other thing I want to mention, I was really happy that you were so professional and treated me like a person, not a number, and you really made me feel wanted and a real important of JB Hunt and as a professional driver that means a lot.  

Our visit was very personal, very informative, very meaningful and I am very glad we were able to meet and I am so thrilled to be part of JB Hunt's professional driver's and I look forward to keeping in contact with you for any further information or help you can assist me with in my career with JB Hunt.

Here is my hope to you that you will be there when I need to speak to someone for assistance in any of the safety issues that may arise.

God Bless you and take care.  Again, thank you so much for a very interesting discussion.

I remain,

Joseph Albert Pacelli

No comments:

Post a Comment