Thursday, October 1, 2015

Shout It! Shout It! Shout It Out Loud!


We received this note from one of contractors in Truckload.  It begged to be shared!  Enjoy the letter:

 
Good morning,
 
My name is Henry Claude Samedy. I am a lease-purchase contractor with JB Hunt.
 
I am writing this email to commend the following day shift fleet managers (FMs): Doris Miles, Jason Britten, Mark Blome and Bill Alderson (not sure if Bill is an FM but want to commend him too). Although Doris is my primary FM, I also work with the others on a daily basis. I think it is important that the managers/directors/vice presidents receive positive feedback on their FMs to offset some of the negative comments they may get from some drivers.
 
About two weeks ago, while waiting at the Columbus, OH terminal for my truck's radiator to be replaced, I met a JBH LP contractor in the break room. While speaking with him, most of what he had to say about his FM was negative.  I told him that I had no problem with my FM or the other regular day shift FMs that I deal with, but he rambled on and told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that he had called the VP to complain about the FM. I was amazed that this contractor had such an overall negative disposition.
 
I have been pondering that conversation since then and I realized how holding a Fleet Manager position can be a thankless job. I am sure that it is easy to blame fleet managers for whatever goes wrong in our daily trucking life and the majority of the time the FM gets the brunt of our anger. Probably, most of the time a manager/director hears from a contractor about a fleet manager it's something negative or some complaint being lodged. However, I think the FMs work hard and deserve to be recognized by the contractors for the good that they do and that recognition needs to be passed on to the FMs manager/director.
 
Since I started working at JBH as a new lease-purchase contractor (5/15), Doris, Jason, Mark and Bill have been instrumental in helping me learn the in's and out's of being an LP contractor with JBH. (This is my first time trying to be a lease-purchase contractor, so I have alot I need to learn with many questions to ask.) I have found Doris, Jason, Mark and Bill to be very patient, and willing to answer any questions I ask and they offer advice that is very helpful. Of course each of them are unique and that uniqueness shows itself in the different ways that each of them have and are still contributing to my growth and development as an LP with JBH, e.g., Mark has helped me with tidbits of information about the truck/trailer that have helped me while out on the road; Doris takes the time to explain procedures and offer advice that help me to better manage my time/loads; Jason, and Bill always respond with a positive attitude to my questions and are eager to help me with any load issues I might have.
 
There are a lot more positive things I could say about them, but I wouldn't want them to get a swelled head :). Suffice it to say that I feel fortunate to have been placed on a board that allows me to work with such a great team every day, and I look forward to continuing to work with them.
 
Thank you for your time.
 
Respectfully,
 
Henry Claude Samedy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment