Sunday, May 3, 2015

It's Funny What One Hotline Can Create

Here is some excellent feedback from one of our drivers concerning utilization (check the driver hotline at 844-588-8785 so you know the background) :


If, as you imply in your hotline, you want to improve utilization, I have two ideas (BTW, I'm just one driver; you ought to ask the more experienced guys if what I say makes sense). First, be much more aggressive about providing us with trailing equipment, when we drop at a customer or a yard that has no empty trailers.
 
Second, take action when we have to say "no" to a preplan, instead of putting it off to a later shift. All too often (and it doesn't matter if I'm already empty or if my ETA is still days away) I say "no" to a preplan, and nothing happens, sometimes for days. The preplan doesn't get pulled, but the appointment doesn't change. I'm in limbo. I cant get dispatched because I said no, but the preplan is still on me, so the machine isn't looking for another load for me. Sometimes by the time I get told to pick up the load anyway I've missed the pick up appointment, even though it was the delivery I couldn't make. Of course, Customer Service suffers too.



No comments:

Post a Comment