Saturday, August 9, 2014

Straight Talk from A Will Run Driver

I got this note from one of Professional Drivers today.  It inspired me and I wanted to share with you:

Mr. Rogers,

Forgive me, my sense of humor won't allow me not to enjoy having typed that greeting for just a moment.  I hope that doesn't make me a bad neighbor...?

Back to business, I have a rejoinder for your efforts that I would be happy to make public in some way, as you see fit.

"When I started here, I was motivated and dedicated to going the extra mile for this company and representing us well.  My goal was to be an asset to this company in every way, and differentiate myself through my work.  A year's worth of bad experiences from this company later, I have found myself struggling daily to find a reason not to turn in my keys.  I became bitter, and it ends now.  It is not who I want to be.  I would like to publicly pledge that I will do what it takes to adjust my attitude, rededicate myself to the goals I lost here, and watch for and appreciate the changes being wrought.  I feel this is the least I can do to repay our leadership for their willingness to address the problems in this organization.  Change takes time, and I am happy to offer my patience as their hard work bears fruit.  Thank you guys, and you have my respect."

 At the very least, I would like to see this forwarded to your fellow vice presidents, and anyone else in leadership positions who saw my previous letters.  I want it known that I am willing match your efforts with my own, and hopefully publicizing this will encourage others to do the same.

Thank you for your time,

Elizabeth Decker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment