Tuesday, August 26, 2014

All Quiet On The Lowell Yard Until Gary and Eddie Showed Up

Update: I met two old friends on the Lowell Yard at 12:45 a.m..  The only two drivers in the breakroom were Eddie Atkinson and Gary Carthon.  What are the chances?   I decided to sleep in our new truck to experience the new amenities.  At about midnight the truck started moving around.  I thought it might be an earthquake or a driver backed into our new beauty.  No....no such nonsense.  It was Gary, our Driver of the Month for July, checking out our new truck.  He had been told about the bigger truck by a mechanic in the shop.  I watched as he measured off the side of the truck with an unofficial toe to heel step off tactic.    Imagine his suprise when I opened the door and told him it was 72".  It was the first time Gary and I had met.  What a thrill! 
The breakroom was empty at 10:30 p.m. 
 Our recruiting posters are still fresh and behind glass.
 Here is my home away from home tonight.  This is our brand new Freightliner.
 Here is my picture window view of the Lowell Yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment