Friday, June 10, 2016

I Shook Up The World

I was reading an article that was written by Cassius Clay last night and thought it might inspire others like it did for me .  Clay was 22 years old at the time and had not changed his name to Muhammad Ali yet.  This piece was written before he faced heavyweight champion Sonny Liston for their first fight in 1964.  Enjoy this qoute:

"Folks ask me what I'll do if I beat Liston and what I'll do if I don't, but I don't have the answer yet.  I'm not too worried.  I think I can make it in something else the same way I've made it in boxing.  If things go the wrong way in the fight, I'll just wait a while.  Summertime comes, flowers start blooming, little birds start flying and you wake up, get up and get out.  You change with the times."

Great insight from someone so young.  Little did he know how impactful his life would be across the world.  He inspired a generation and became the most well-known human being on the planet. 

The young fighter won the championship belt in a shocking 7th round TKO.  They would meet again in 1965 and Ali would defeat him again in the first round with a controversial knockout punch.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment