Saturday, June 6, 2015

We Are A Team


Look at this note from one of our PCS carriers out of Home Depot in Ohio:
 
I was informed this morning that I am to be the PCS Pop up driver of the month, I am extremely humbled by this knowledge. 
 
I wanted to share a short memory on why I after all these years have always been a part of J.B. Hunt, it was May 28, 1981 when I bounced through the doors in Lowell Arkansas, I literally ran into Mr. Hunt, During my interview which was performed by Mr. Hunt, he sat back and looked at me then started to speak the wisest words I'd ever heard from anyone "Here at J.B. Hunt we are a team, as a team member you respect one another, do your fair share of work, help one another when asked, treat each person you meet here the way you would treat your family if you can do this welcome to the team".  I worked in the shop until I was old enough to drive legally, Mr. Hunt was a shadow at times, he was also the first to congratulate you on a job well done. 
 
When I received the email this morning from Arkansas, it took me back to a time when I was part of a team, and the feelings renewed immediately, although the faces have changed through the years, The RDC 5084 J.B. Hunt crew has literally restored my faith that teams still exist. 

Thank you all for your support 

Regards,
Laurie Knowlton

No comments:

Post a Comment